Friday, May 22, 2009

Late night swim

I decided to go to the pull around 8PM b/c I was getting bored sitting at home by myself. I got there and the hot tub was full of teenage boys. So I just waited on the side for them to get out. Needles to say...I never got to get in. That is okay though. I had a really nice conversation with this lady that was also wanting to get in the hot tub. Her name was Janie. I had never met this woman in my life. Not until tonight. She told her whole life story to me. Then as we were walking home she asked me prob. the most important question in my life. She asked if I believed in God. I said yes I do.
Janie said that she was doing all the thing you shouldn't do. Her father was mean and was a drunk. He hurt her. She said she would never forgive him for the things he did. Then she got into a really bad 18 wheeler accident and that is how they found out that she cancer. Ovarian Cancer. She said a year prior to that she had a dream that she would get cancer and that God told her that she would be okay...if she forgave. This little old lady came to visit her. While she was visiting she told her she needed to forgive her father. Janie said NO...she didn't want to forgive her father. One day she looked in the mirror. She looked so old and she was only 40. She was drinking and partying and that was taking over her life. Janie said, "God, what is wrong with me?" She said God told her to forgive. So she prayed. She prayed that God would help her forgive her father, and he did. She forgave him and you know what. She went through chemo. and they took out her ovaries. The Dr. said that it was amazing that the cancer didn't spread to other place. It just staying in her ovaries. God had given her a miracle. She forgave her father and that is what God wanted.
God forgives us for EVERYTHING that we do wrong in our lives. Why is it so hard for us to forgive the people in our life? Why do we hold such harsh grudges against the people that we should love. Why can't we just forgive them like he forgives us? I like to say "Forgive, but never forget." I will always forgive someone for anything, but I will never forget what they have done to hurt me or someone I love.

Well I am gonna hit the sack. I just thought I would share Janie's story with you. She is an amazing woman and I don't think I met her by accident. God put us both at the pool tonight for a reason. He wanted us to meet. I hope that I could meet her again one day and listen to more about her life and tell her about my life.
Good night & God Bless

4 comments:

  1. Why did you quit following my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fiction, but life is sometimes stranger than fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,
    If we want God to forgive us, we must forgive others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, for some reason your picture keeps disappearing as my follower on my blog. I'm looking forward to reading more of yours, too. Be careful what you put on here about real people though, such as using their real names, etc. like the lady in your story.

    ReplyDelete